10 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking, Golden monkey trekking, Chimpanzee tracking, Nyungwe Canopy walk, Lake Kivu for boat cruise, Akagera national park for wildlife and a boat cruise and Bird watching Tour.
This 10 days wonderful safari of Rwanda will take you to see the best tourist attractions in Rwanda.
Rwanda is a small country in the east of Africa. However, this country is blessed with wildlife. Rwanda is famous for Gorilla trekking safaris, however, Rwanda has a lot of other attractions to offer. Besides Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National park, other activities can be done as well.
In Volcanoes national park you can also do Golden monkey trekking.
Golden monkeys are rare species of primates and can only be located here in Volcanoes National park, Mgahinga National park in Uganda and in DR Congo. They are comfortable living in the bamboo section of the forest jumping from tree to tree. These small primates are very beautiful clad in Gold and Silver, hence the name, Golden Monkey.
The tour also takes you to Nyungwe forest for Chimpanzee tracking. In Rwanda, Nyungwe forest is where you can track Chimpanzee in their natural habitat. The chimps are social animals, close to the humans and a sight of them and their way of life will leave you in awe.
Nyungwe canopy walk
Nyungwe forest National park is on of the few places where you can do a CANOPY WALK in Africa. This lifetime opportunity presents a bird eyes view of the forest. You can't imagine the thrill and excitement when you walk on top of trees 50m above the ground.
The rest of the safari will take you to Lake Kivu for relaxation and serenity, wildlife gaming in Akagera National park for Lions, Leopards, giraffes, buffalos, elephants, zebras and many antelopes, boat cruise for bird watching and game viewing.
Lets see the Trip Highlights
- Day 1: Welcome to Rwanda and a City Tour
- Day 2: Rwanda Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
- Day 3: Golden Monkey Trekking and Cultural Tour
- Day 4: Lake Kivu and Boat Cruise
- Day 5: Transfer to Nyungwe forest
- Day 6: Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe forest
- Day 7: Canopy walk in the forest
- Day 8: Drive to Akagera National Park
- Day 9: Game drives for Lions, Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant, Zebra e.t.c
- Day 10: Back to Kigali for your flight
You can Scroll UP for the full Itinerary Description
The cost of gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda is $1500.
Golden Monkey Permit Rwanda
The cost of the permit is $100 which includes the park entry fees and security.
Day 1: Welcome to Rwanda and City tour
Upon your arrival at Kigali international airport you will be received by our company representative and your safari guide to be. The guide is Avery knowledgeable person please ask him anything you want to know about country, and he will recommend the best of what you want, like changing money, good place for Lunch etc.
You then enjoy a City tour and you can also visit the Kigali Genocide museum before setting off for Volcanoes National Park.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park
Today you start the day early in the morning with breakfast and packed snacks, drive to the park headquarters for briefing and knowing the group/ gorilla family you will be visiting. This done by the park authorities and arranging the days visitors into groups before being led by the ranger guide in the forest for a life time trekking for the worlds endangered Mountain Gorillas.
The duration of trekking is not fixed due to several determinant factors, but surely you will find them and it will bring your heart at rest, however hard it might have been getting to them.
You then spend a quality hour with them before coming back to the lodge.
Day 3: Golden monkey Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
After breakfast you return back to the park headquarters but this time for Golden monkey trekking, these are also endangered primates only found in the Virunga conservation area. Golden monkeys are very unique from the physical appearance and social life. After tracking return to the lodge for hot lunch and visit the cultural village in the afternoon/evening.
Day 4: transfer to Lake Kivu
A few kilometers from Volcanoes National park lies a very beautiful lake called Kivu and this is your destination after breakfast. Check in your place of accommodation and go for a boat ride on the lake visiting some island on the lake and the hot springs. Return to the lodge for lunch and a relaxing evening.
Day 5: drive to Nyungwe forest national park
A lakeside drive as you transfers from Lake Kivu to Nyungwe forest national park. After breakfast you will enjoy a scenic ride of the rolling hills of tea plantations and rice fields with numerous stops for photos. Lunch on the way before checking into your lodge in the late afternoon.
Day 6: Nyungwe Chimpanzee Trekking
After a very early morning breakfast, you will assemble at the park offices to meet your ranger guide who will lead you in the forest for Chimpanzee trekking after being driven to the starting point. Our close cousins leave only in this forest and its one of the few remaining old rain forests in the whole world. Tracking chimpanzee is amazing but walking in this rain forest is also rewarding as it’s natural. After chimpanzee you will return to lodge.
Day 7: Nyungwe forest Canopy Walk
A relaxing morning and in the afternoon you will do the Nyungwe Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park, where you stand chances of seeing also other primates like; Mountain monkey, baboons, L’Hoest’s Monkeys, Blue Monkeys, Black and white Colobus, Angola colobus, Red-tailed Monkeys. The canopy walk is very scenic. Dinner at the lodge
Day 8: drive to Akagera National park
A long drive but very scenic. A very early morning departure to Akagera National park driving through Nyungwe forest and connecting via Kigali. Driving through villages and small towns much of them tea growing communities and potatoes plus climbing bean poles. Arriving to the park in early evening with an option of doing any evening game drive. Check in at the lodge. Dinner.
Day 9: Morning game drive and Boat ride
After breakfast you will drive around the park searching for Lions, leopards, giraffes, buffalos, elephants, zebras and many antelopes.
The birding opportunity is also rich with a lot to the check list. In the afternoon set off for a boat cruise on the lake to see the hippopotamus and crocodiles plus a number of water birds like the fish eagles, kingfishers, Egyptian goose among others.
Day 10: return to Kigali for your flight home
The wonderful adventure is coming to an end. You will have breakfast and short game drive before returning back to Kigali for your flight back home with a lot to tell. Sad to say but our services come to an end.
- Mountain Gorillas -> Wildlife Conservation
- Rwanda Gorillas -> New-York Times
- Golden monkey trekking in Volcanoes National park
- CNN- 3 days in Rwanda
- Mgahinga National Park
Accommodation near Volcanoes National Park
Accommodation in Akagera National Park
What You need during Gorilla, Chimps and Golden monkey Trekking
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Volcanoes National park
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts The forest in Volcanoes NP is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience
What is included in the 10 days Gorilla, Golden monkey trekking, Chimps and wildlife Rwanda Safari
- Airport Transfers
- 9 nights accommodation in Volcanoes National Park
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, Day (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - B.L.D, Day 10 - B.L
- Bottled Water
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Golden Monkey Trekking permit
- Chimpanzee Trekking permit
- Parks Entrance fee
- Bottled Water
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in 10 days Adventure Safari of Rwanda
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
Gorilla Trekking Rwanda - 2 days Safari
2 days Rwanda gorilla trekking safari in Volcanoes national park
Gorilla and Golden monkey trekking Rwanda -3 days
A Gorilla trekking and golden monkey trekking Rwanda safari in Volcanoes national park in 3 days.
Golden monkey habituation and Gorilla trekking Uganda
This is a Golden monkey habituation and gorilla trekking safari in Mgahinga national park Uganda