You are here
Golden Monkey Habituation, Gorilla trekking, Lake Mburo - 5 days
Golden Monkey Habituation Experience, Gorilla Tracking Uganda in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and Lake Mburo National Park Safari in Uganda
This is a 5 days adventure in Uganda. The Safari starts and ends in Kampala. The tour takes you to Mgahinga Gorilla Park for Gorilla trekking and Golden Monkey Habituation.
The tour continues to Lake Mburo National Park for wildlife viewing in the likes of Zebra, Giraffes, Bufallos, Elands, Topi, Impala, Bush bucks, Oribi, Warthogs, Varvet monkeys and Baboons and a Boat cruise on the lake to see Hippopotamus, Nile crocodiles and water birds such as; African fish eagles, King fishers, African finfoot, Long crested eagle among others.
- Day1: Equator
- Day2: Mountain Gorilla Trekking
- Day 3: Golden Monkey Trekking
- Day 3: Golden Monkey Habituation experience
- Day 4: Transfer to Lake Mburo National park and Boat Ride
- Day 5: Walking Safari and travel back to Kampala/Entebbe
Day: 1 Drive to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
After morning breakfast, our company representative whose is your guide will meet you at your place of residence/hotel to start on a 10 hour country side journey.
We them have a break at the Equator for Coffee, Tea and Equator experience, the clockwise and anti clockwise of the displacement of water in the northern and southern hemispheres respectively.
A lunch stop in Mbarara the land of Milk and the home of the ANKOLE LONG HORNED CATTLE. We Continue to kisoro “kigezi land”an area of terraced rolling hills of the. On arrival, you check in our lodge awaiting dinner later.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga National park
You will parade at the park offices in the morning after breakfast for briefing and registration. From here, you will be led by a UWA ranger guide and two armed escorts in to the forest for gorilla trekking.
This might be tough but hiking through the dense forest is an amazing experience and finding the endangered mountain gorilla will bring you at rest.
This is a very unique experience and an hour with them seems so short. Enjoy your quality time with the gentle giants and your name will later be written in the book of records as you contributed to conserving the endangered species. Return to the lodge for dinner.
Days Highlight: Gorilla trekking
Day 3: Golden Monkey Habituation Experience
Another great day comes again after a morning breakfast, return once again to the park offices this time for golden monkey trekking and Habituation experience.
These are also endangered type of monkeys only found in the Virunga conservation area, made up of Uganda, Rwanda, and D R Congo. Golden monkey habituation does not only bring you close to these beautiful creatures but also makes sure you have enough time with them as they go through the day’s activities in your presence.
After the experience, we head back at the lodge for dinner.
- Golden monkey habituation is 4 hours
- Cost of Golden monkey habituation Permit is $100
Day 4: Drive to lake Mburo National Park
In the morning you will transfer to Lake Mburo National Park for a savanna safari experience, arriving afternoon for a hot lunch at the lodge. Later go for a boat ride on the lake to see; Hippopotamus, Nile crocodiles and water birds such as; African fish eagles, King fishers, African finfoot, Long crested eagle, Stalings, among others.
After the boat we you have an evening game drive. Wide game, ranging from; Giraffes, Bufallos, Elands, Topi, Impala, Bush bucks, Oribi, Warthogs, Varvet monkeys and Baboons. Return to the lodge for dinner.
Day 5: Morning Nature walk/ Game drive later to Kampala/Entebbe
Today after breakfast, you will have a walking safari with an armed ranger in the park, or a game drive, bringing you a close encounter with wildlife, such as Zebras,Iimpala, Topi and much more.
After we bid farewell to lake Mburo national park. drive back to Kampala or Entebbe/ place of your interest as our services come to an end.
Stop for lunch on the way and you can have another stop at the equator for souvenirs before reaching your destination in the evening.
- Golden monkey -> Wikipedia
- Golden monkey -> Uganda Wildlife Authority
- Gorilla trekking
- Mgahinga National Park
- Lake Mburo NP Reviews on Trip Advisor
Accommodation around the National Parks
What You need for Trekking and Tracking
- Water: Gorilla trekking and Golden monkey tracking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because it rains very often in Mgahinga forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Mgahinga forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash for gorillas) to capture this lifetime experience
What is included in the 5 days Golden Monkey Habituation and Gorilla Trekking Itinerary
- Airport Transfers
- 4 nights accommodation around National Parks
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, (Day 2, 3, 4) - B.L.D, Day 5 - B.L
Note: L= Lunch, D= Dinner, B= breakfast
- Bottled Water
- Golden Monkey Habituation Permit
- Park entry fees
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the Itinerary
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
4 days Gorilla trekking and Golden monkey habituation safari Uganda
This 4 days Uganda safari brings you an encounter with Mountain Gorillas and Golden Monkeys in Mgahinga Gorilla National park
Golden monkey Trekking in Uganda and Rwanda
Golden monkey trekking safari in Uganda and Rwanda
3 days Gorilla trekking in Bwindi National Park
3 days Bwindi Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Bird watching and other primate including the black and white Colobus, Red tailed monkeys, Golden monkey
3 days Chimpanzee tracking Uganda
This is a 3 days Chimpanzee tracking Uganda Safari for Chimps and 12 other primate species & birding watching in Kibale Forest National Park
Gorilla tracking and Golden monkey trekking Rwanda
Golden monkey trekking safari in Uganda and Rwanda
Gorilla & Chimp Trekking, Wildlife & Lake Mburo
For Gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest, Chimpanzee trekking, Bird watching, wildlife safaris, lake Bunyonyi, Boat cruise, beautiful landscapes, and Lake mburo