You are here
1 day Gorilla Trekking Tour Rwanda - Short Day Trip from Kigali
Summary of the 1 day gorilla trekking tour of Rwanda
This is a short 1 day Rwanda gorilla tour. The tour will start in Kigali, "the capital of Rwanda" very early in the morning, heading to Volcanoes National Park, north-west of the country.
The gorilla trekking safari give you a unique opportunity to track the endangered mountain gorillas in their natural habitat in a shortest time possible.
This tour is perfect if you are in Rwanda for a very limited time, but have time to spare for a Wildlife expedition.
In Rwanda, gorillas are habituated in 10 groups which can be visited everyday with each group being visited by a maximum of 8 people.
Call now or Whatsapp on: mob: +256 775 621 572
Enquire about this tour Now!
About mountain Gorillas
Mountain Gorillas(Gorilla beringei beringei) are one of the primate species located in Virunga Conservation area. Other primates include Golden Monkeys, L'Hoest Monkey, Colobus, Baboons and many more. Of all the primates in the these mountains, the gorilla stands out to be the largest and most gentle.
The gorillas live in groups of families with silver backs and female and According to Wikipedia, "The mountain gorilla is highly social, and lives in relatively stable, cohesive groups held together by long-term bonds between adult males and females. Relationships among females are relatively weak.
These groups are non-territorial; the Silverback generally defends his group rather than his territory."
Mountain Gorilla life span is 40-50 years.
The safari will start and end in Kigali. Our driver will pick you from your Hotel or Lodge(after having breakfast or with packed breakfast) at 4:30 am to start on your 116km journey to Volcanoes National park.
The journey to Volcanoes national park takes an average of 2-3 hours from Rwanda and on reaching the park offices, you will be briefed by park officers and then assigned to a gorilla group to track.
You will then be led into the forest by a ranger guide to track the primates.
Gorilla trek may take between 30 mins to 8 hours depending on the movements of the primates. However, upon locating the gorillas, you will then spend 1hr with them.
Enjoy the unique adventure and you can take pictures(with no flash).
After the 1hr which seems to be like minutes, then we trek back out of the forest and then transfer back to Kigali for your flight back.
End of the Tour
1 day Gorilla trekking Rwanda Safari Map
What you need for Gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Volcanoes National park
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts The forest in Volcanoes NP is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience (no flash)
What is included in the 1 day gorilla trek Rwanda Safari
- Airport Transfers
- Bottled Water
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Bottled Water
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the Safari
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
Gorilla Trekking Rwanda - 2 days Safari
2 days Rwanda gorilla trekking safari in Volcanoes national park
3 days Golden monkey - Gorilla trekking Safari
Gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest and Volcanoes National park, Chimpanzee trekking, Bird watching, and Wildlife and Queen Elizabeth National park
Golden monkey habituation and Gorilla trekking in Mgahinga
This is a Golden monkey habituation and gorilla trekking safari in Mgahinga national park
Golden monkey Trekking in Uganda and Rwanda
Golden monkey trekking safari in East Africa