You are here
Uganda wildlife tour | Big five, Chimps, Water rafting - 10 days
This is one of the best of any African safari. This Uganda tour brings you the thrill and excitement of White Water Rafting in Jinja, Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale, Big five animals adventure and wildlife experience in Murchison falls national park and Queen Elizabeth national park.
Highlights of the 10 days Uganda excursion
- Day 1: Arrival in Uganda and a Tour of the city
- Day 2: Transfer to Jinja for White Water Rafting and Source of Nile Viewing
- Day 3: Transfer to murchison falls national park via Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Day 4: Morning game drives, Boat cruise and Top of the falls viewing
- Day 5: Morning game drives and a Cultural performance in Hoima
- Day 6: Drive to Kibale forest national park and check in lodge
- Day 7: Chimpanzee trekking and Swamp/community walk
- Day 8: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park and evening game drive
- Day 9: Morning game drive and Kazinga channel boat cruise
- day 10: Game Drive, Equator tour and transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda.
Our company representative will receive you upon your arrival at Entebbe international airport. He will update you with all the information about the safari, the country, take you to get local currencies. Later check in your hotel either in Entebbe or Kampala.
Depending on the time of your arrival some optional activities can be arranged.
Day 2: Drive to Jinja for white water rafting and source of the Nile view
Jinja town is located in the East of Uganda and it’s the second largest city in the country after Kampala. The construction of the Owen falls dam in 1952 led to the big concentration of manufacturing industries in this town.
It’s located on the shores of lake Victoria, offering good relaxation environment. It where we find the source of the Nile, The world longest river originates here.
The town offers boat ride to the source of the Nile. Nile River has series of waterfalls like the Bujagali falls and now the Itanda falls known for white water rafting with grade seven rapids, horseback riding can also be done in this town.
Day 3: Rhino tracking and transfer Murchison falls National Park
After breakfast we drive to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, the breeding ground of White rhinos. Rhinos in Uganda by 1984 had been killed to extinction, which led to the establishment of this sanctuary and it’s also the only place in Uganda where you can see Rhino in their natural habitat.
Tracking Rhinos is very amazing because it’s like a nature walk with a ranger guide where you stand very close to the endangered species. After tracking, we settle for hot lunch before continuing to the safari lodge in the park or near the park.
Day 4: Morning game drive and boat ride in the afternoon and later Top of the falls view
Today we set off very early in the morning in search for game especially the cats that are more active at this time.
Many animals are very busy feeding and congratulating each other having survived the night; such as, the Jacksons heartbeats, giraffes, oribi, Uganda Kob, water buck, Buffaloes and predictors like Lions, Leopard, Hyenas, Jackals not forgetting the big giants like Elephants.
After the morning game drive, we return to lodge for lunch and boat ride in the afternoon. Aquatic animals and birds are seen during this boar ride, to mention but a few; Hippopotamus, Nile crocodiles, African fish eagles, bee eaters, king fisher’s and lots more.
After the boat cruise, you will hike up to the >b>top of the falls, for a clear view of the falls where you will meet your guide to bring you back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Morning game drive and transfer to Hoima
Morning game drive in search for more wildlife such as; Jacksons heartbeats, Giraffes, Oribi, Uganda Kob, Water buck, Elephants, Buffaloes and predictors like Lions ,Leopard, Hyenas.
We proceed to the delta point, the lowest point in Uganda where the Nile leaves Lake Albert. Plenty of unique Buttery flies are also seen.
After this game drive you will cross the Nile to the southern bank through Budongo forest where you can see some primates along the way to Masindi town for lunch.
After lunch, we continue to Hoima for an overnight and A cultural performance can be arranged on request.
Day 6: Drive to Kibale forest national park
This is a long drive but no rush, after breakfast, you will set off for Kibale forest national park as a destination and you will see locals attending to their gardens and farms.
A lot of cash crops are grown in this region; Cotton, Tobacco, Maize, Banana and Tea. This is a good spot for photo stops.
Overseeing the foothills of the "Mountain of the MOON" you are arriving to fort portal, the cleanest and green town in Uganda. On arrival, we continue to your lodge close to the park.
Day 7: Chimpanzee tracking day in Kibale
In the morning after an early breakfast, you assemble to Kanyancu visitor centre for briefing about the Chimpanzee tracking and how to be in their presence.
Later you will be led by a ranger guide into the forest to meet out closest cousins. Spend a quality hour with them.
Tracking can be short or longer depending on the availability of food and fruits for the chimpanzee but the experience is always rewarding. Return to the camp for hot lunch and restful evening with opportunities of doing optional activities.
Day 8: Drive to Queen Elizabeth national park and Evening game drive
After breakfast, we depart for Queen Elizabeth National park. Another scenic drive on the foothills of Mountain Rwenzori and here you et to see seeing Glaciations’ on a clear day, Banana bicycles, Tomato plantations, Cotton, Tea.
We pass through Kasese Town, a very famous copper mining town during the Colonial era. On arrival, we check in the lodge and wait for Lunch
In the evening, we go for a Game drive for a chance of seeing Lions, Leopard, Uganda kob, Elephants, Buffaloes, and abundance of bird life.
Day 9: Morning game drive and a Boat safari on Kazinga channel
After an early breakfast, we set out for a Game drive. This is just a right time of seeing Hyenas returning to their dens after the night. Also Lions hunting if not feasting, antelopes and other animals can be seen’.
We drive to the northern part of Queen Elizabeth national park for a boat ride on the Kazinga channel in the afternoon.
This is a very good place for seeing Elephants, Buffaloes very closely as they come to drink water from the channel.
Thousands of Hippos, Nile crocodiles, Monitor lizards, many bird species can be seen as well. After we return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 10: Morning game drive, Equator and then depart for Entebbe / Kampala
After an early breakfast, we set out for a game drive in search for animals such as; Lions, Leopards, Hyenas, Elephants, Buffaloes, Uganda Kob, birds, such; Martial eagles, Long crested eagle.
We return to the lodge, check out and then transfer back to Kampala or Entebbe for your flight back home stopping for lunch and another stop at the Equator on the way.
Accommodation (Hotels and Lodges around the Tourist Sites)
The accommodation depends on your Budget. Here is a list of Lodges around the Tourist site.
- Accommodation Around Murchison Falls NP -> Trip Advisor
- Accommodation Around Kibale Forest NP -> Trip Advisor
- Queen Elizabeth National Park Accommodation
What You need for the 10 days Uganda Tour
- Water: Chimpanzee trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because it rains very often in Kibale forest National park
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Kibale forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash) to capture this lifetime experience
What is included in the 10 days big five and chimpanzee Tour cost
- Airport Transfers
- 9 nights accommodation
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, (Day 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) - B.L.D, Day 10 - B.L
Note: L= Lunch, D= Dinner, B= breakfast
- Bottled Water
- Water Rafting permit
- Chimpanzee Tracking Permit
- Park Entry fees: Murchison Falls National Park
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the 10 days Uganda Safari Itinerary
- Uganda Visas
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting