You are here
5 days Gorilla trekking, Big four and wildlife Safari in Uganda
On this incredible Ugandan Safari, you will explore wildlife in Queen Elizabeth National park and also do the memorable Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The safari will start in Kampala and then proceed to Bwindi Impenetrable for Gorilla tracking. When the trekking experience is done, we will then move to Queen Elizabeth National park for a Big Four experience.
Queen Elizabeth National Park
Queen Elizabeth National park is a Ecological wonder. The park is blessed with wildlife including the Big four(Lions, Leopard, Elephant and Buffalo), Hyenas, Hippos, Crocodiles, Topi, Giant forest hogs, Warthogs, Uganda kob, Waterbuck, etc. Besides Game, the park is also an attraction for birds, Explosion crater lakes, Fresh water lakes like lake Edward and George.
Bwindi Impenetrable forest is among the few places in the world where you can find Mountain Gorillas, The others being, Mgahinga Gorilla park, Volcanoes National park in Rwanda and Virunga National park in DR Congo. Gorilla trekking is a fascinating activity, you can move in the forest for hours before locating these giants. Gorilla keep on moving everyday depending on the availability and location of food. They move in groups, each group being led by a Silverback(a Dominant Male).
- Day 1: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Equator
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 3: Transfer to queen Elizabeth National park and evening Game drive
- Day 4: Game drive and boat trip on the Kazinga channel
- Day 5: Explosion crater lakes, depart of Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and Equator
Meet and greet your driver guide who is our company representative in the morning, have a short briefing about the safari and the highlights of the safari before setting off to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Along the way, you will have a stop at the equator and get stretch of the legs, feel the zero line, have a cup of coffee or tea, you can also purchase souvenirs if you want. Continue south-west having a lunch stop in Mbarara, it is also called the land of milk, very famous for the long horned cattle “Ankole cow”. After lunch, enjoy the beautiful landscape, of hills and valleys of the pearl of Africa.
Arriving to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the evening. Check in your lodge, and then dinner at the lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
A early morning wake up accompanied with a hot breakfast you head to the park visitor centre for briefing. Here you will be divided into groups before tracking. Mountain gorilla tracking can be hectic but you being prepared makes the difference. With Packed lunch and enough drinking water you are good to go.
Bwindi forest is more 250000 years old, just walk in such a forest is amazing. Your ranger guide will be in communication with the trackers for the exact location of the mountain gorilla this will ease you trek and you will find them quicker and when you do, spend an hour. Your ranger guide will do anything to make sure that you enjoy a life time experience with the mountain Gorillas. After an hour, you will return back to the visitor centre for graduation and then Dinner at the lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to queen Elizabeth National park and evening Game drive
In the morning after breakfast, you will drive through large green banana and tea plantations on your journey to the Queen Elizabeth national Park, because the land is generally flat, mechanization is possible, other cash crops grown in the region include; cotton, maize, sunflowers on season. Arriving at the lodge of hot lunch in the early afternoon. In the evening we set out for game drive in the park with a chance of seeing wildlife and sun set view in opening. We the return for dinner at the lodge.
Day 4: Game drive and boat trip on the Kazinga channel
After an early morning breakfast, you set off for a morning game drive searching for game. This is a good time of seeing almost every animals wild, such as; Elephants, Buffaloes, Hyenas, Giant forest hogs, Warthogs, Uganda kob, Waterbuck, with a plenty of birds; Marabou stock, Hamerkop, Lesser kestrel, African harrier hawk, Bateleur, just to mention but a few.
Return to the lodge for lunch. After lunch you will go for a boat ride along Kazinga channel where you will encounter a range of animals such as; the Nile crocodile, Monitor lizards, Hippopotamus, Buffaloes, a lot of water birds such as; little Grebe, African spoonbill, Great white pelican, Great Cormorant, African fish eagle, King fishers. Return to the lodge for dinner.
Day 5: Explosion crater lakes, depart of Kampala/Entebbe
In the morning have breakfast, check out, go for the scenic explosion crater drive. Volcanic reactions led to the formation of the craters though there is no much game animals, however the views are magnificent, crater drive can be substituted for a game drive in the Kasenyi plains for chance of seeing more game. After, depart for Kampala or Entebbe and have lunch on the way.
Accommodation (Hotels and Lodges around the Tourist Sites)
The accommodation depends on your Budget. Here is a list of Lodges around the Tourist site.
- Accommodation Around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park -> Trip Advisor
- Accommodation Around Queen Elizabeth national park
What You need for Gorilla Trekking and Tracking
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash for gorillas) to capture this lifetime experience
What is included in the 5 day Gorilla and wildlife safari
- Airport Transfers
- 6 nights accommodation around National Parks
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, (Day 2, 3, 4) - B.L.D, Day 5 - B.L
Note: L= Lunch, D= Dinner, B= breakfast
- Bottled Water
- Chimpanzee Tracking Permit
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Queen Elizabeth national park entry fees
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the Itinerary
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
7 days Uganda Safari - Gorillas, Chimps, Big five and Wildlife
A tour of Uganda in 7 days. Safari highlights: Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking, Big five animals, Boat cruise, Murchison falls and Wildlife adventure.
(10 days) Gorilla trekking, Chimpanzee, Birding and Lake Mburo
For Gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest, Chimpanzee trekking, Bird watching, wildlife safaris, lake Bunyonyi, Boat cruise, beautiful landscapes, and Lake mburo
3 days Gorilla trekking in Bwindi impenetrable National Park (Ugandan Safari)
3 days Bwindi Gorilla trekking in Uganda, Bird watching and other primate including the black and white Colobus, Red tailed monkeys, Golden monkey
5 days Chimpanzee trekking, Uganda Lions and Wildlife Best Safari
A 5 day Chimpanzee tracking, Uganda Lions, birding and wildlife Tour of Uganda in Queen Elizabeth and Kibale National Parks.