You are here
3 days Chimpanzee trekking Kibale (Uganda Primate Tracking Tour)
3 days Chimpanzee trekking Kibale National Park : 13 Primates Tracking & Bird watching Uganda
This tour brings you 3 days Chimpanzee tracking safari and other primates in the forest of Kibale National park. Kibale forest national park is also called the home of Chimpanzees in Africa.
The forest is a home to other primates species(12) such as; Coppery-tailed money, Blue monkey, Vervet monkey, Black and White colobus monkey, Red tailed monkey, Red Colobus monkey, Olive Baboon, Thick-tailed bushbaby, Lesser Galago, to mention but a few.
It also has Forest elephants and other mammals which can be seen on a lucky day.
For birding enthusiast, this is one of the best Birdwatching Safari there is in the world. Kibale forests is blessed with multitude of bird species (over 370) including great blue turaco, Black and White casqued hornbill, White browed coucal, Ross’s turaco, etc that you can’t find anywhere else.
With a good scenic landscape, large Tea and Banana plantations, beautiful explosion crater lakes and top of the world view makes the tour spectacular and adventurous.
- Chimpanzee tracking in Kibale forest (the walk)
- Chimpanzee habituation (seeing the chimps)
- Other primate tracking; Coppery-tailed money, Blue monkey, Vervet monkey, Black and White colobus monkey, Red tailed monkey, Red colobus monkey, Olive Baboon, etc
- Birding in Bigodi swamp; great blue turaco, Black and White casqued hornbill, White browed coucal, Ross’s turaco etc
- Forest Hikes and Nature Walk
Day 1: Drive to Kibale Forest National Park
You meet our driver guide in the morning at your hotel/residence and start on an average 5 hour journey to Kibale forest National Park passing through major towns of Mityana, Mubende and Kyenjojo before being welcomed to Fort portal by green cover of large Tea plantations, the sight of women and men picking tea presents a good photography opportunity.
We continue to the Lodge for lunch and in the afternoon we go for a Swamp walk at Bigodi wetland sanctuary, an adventurous Nature walk for wildlife and community interraction.
Here 4 primate species are available at this sanctuary and over (280 bird species) including; the Great blue Turaco, Black and White casqued Hornbill, White browed Coucal, Ross’s Turaco, Grew backed Fiscal, African paradise Flycatcher, to mention but a few, a paradise for Bird watchers. After the walk we return to the lodge for dinner.
- Drive to Kibale
- Swamp walk
- Nature Walk
- Bird watching
Meal Plan: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Chimpanzee Tracking and Bird watching
After an early breakfast, you drive to Kanyanchu briefing centre for registration. After the briefing and grouping, we get a ranger guide who will lead a group of a maximum of 6 people into the forest for Chimpanzee tracking.
Along the trek, Forest elephants and other mammals may be seen on a lucky day. Also and several bird species are seen in the forest trees. Some of the birds include; The crowned eagle, Green breasted pitta, Yellow-rumped tinkerbird.
On tracking and finding the Chimpanzees, we spend an (hour) with our close cousins.
Here you can take photographs of the Chimps and enjoy the your time with them.
After the hour, we head out of the Uganda Chimp sanctuary for lunch, and have a restful evening. With options of a village walk or a crater lake exploration walk.
- Chimp trekking
- Habituation for 1 hr
- Village walk or Crater lake exploration
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Drive back to Kampala/Entebbe
Early in the morning, breakfast is served and then transfer back to Kampala or Entebbe depending on your interest/flight time. Our guide will be able to advise appropriately.
*This marks the end of your 3 day Chimpanzee trekking adventure in Uganda*
- Journey back to Kampala
Meal Plan: Breakfast
However You can have a Chimpanzee habituation Experience which lasts the whole day. According to Uganda Wildlife Authority latest tariffs, The adventure costs $220 for foreign non-residents, $150 for foreign residents and $70 for East Africans.
Accommodation (Hotels and Lodges around the Tourist Sites)
The accommodation depends on your Budget. Here is a list of Lodges around the Tourist site.
What You need for the 3 days Chimpanzee Trekking Kibale Safari
- Water: It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes because some times it rains during the trek
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket in case it rains in Kibale forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts : Light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You might need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience (NO FLASH)
What is included in the 3 days Chimpanzee tracking Itinerary
- Airport Transfers
- 4 nights accommodation around National Parks
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, Day 2 - B.L.D, Day 5 - B.L
Note: L= Lunch, D= Dinner, B= breakfast
- Bottled Water
- Chimpanzee Tracking Permit
- Bottled Water
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the Itinerary
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
5 days Gorilla & Chimpanzee Trekking (Uganda Safari)
This 5 day Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking tour brings you an encounter with Gorillas and our close cousins the Chimps in the forests of Bwindi and Kibale.
10 days Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking, Birding and Lake Mburo
For Gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest, Chimpanzee trekking, Bird watching, wildlife safaris, lake Bunyonyi, Boat cruise, beautiful landscapes, and Lake mburo
5 days Chimpanzee trekking, Uganda Lions and Wildlife Best Safari
A 5 day Chimpanzee tracking, Uganda Lions, birding and wildlife Tour of Uganda in Queen Elizabeth and Kibale National Parks.