15 Days Uganda Safari for Gorillas, Chimps, Big five animals, Wildlife and Boat cruises
This 15 days Tour will be focused in the Western national parks of Uganda. The Parks to be toured include:
- 1. Murchison falls National Park for Giraffes, Top of the falls viewing, Boat cruise and wildlife.
- 2. Kibale forest National Park for Chimpanzee tracking, Bigodi Swamp walk for bird watching and primate tracking
- 3. Queen Elizabeth National Park for Wildlife viewing including tree climbing lions in ishasha, Boat cruise on Kazinga channel, etc
- 4. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for Gorilla trekking
- 5. Lake Mburo National Park for zebras and other wildlife, boat ride and walking safari
- Lake Bunyonyi for relaxation and Serenity.
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for Rhinos
Uganda Safari Highlights
- Day 1: Arrival in Uganda and a Tour of the city
- Day 2: Transfer to murchison falls national park via Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Day 3: Morning game drives, Boat cruise and Top of the falls viewing
- Day 4: Morning game drives and a Cultural performance in Hoima
- Day 5: Drive to Kibale forest national park and check in lodge
- Day 6: Chimpanzee trekking and Swamp/community walk
- Day 7: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park and evening game drive
- Day 8: Morning game drive and Kazinga channel boat cruise
- Day 9: Tree climbing lions and transfer to Bwindi
- Day 10: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
- Day 11: Batwa community tour and Drive to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 12: Canoeing on Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 13: Drive to Lake Mburo National Park and Sunset game drive
- Day 14: Walking Safari and game boat ride
- day 15: Equator tour and back to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda.
Welcome to Uganda,
Our company representative/safari driver guide will be picking you from the airport and transfer to the hotel. At the hotel, you will be given a briefing of the Safari itinerary to know exactly of what you will expect on the 15 days Uganda Safari.
You can have optional activities depending on the time of arrival. We can give you a tour of Kampala city or Entebbe depending on the location of your hotel.
Day 2: Drive to Murchison falls National Park and Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
After breakfast, leave Entebbe/Kampala in the morning through the towns of Luwero and Nakasongola. A stop over at Ziwa Rhino sanctuary, this is the only place in Uganda where you can see rhinos in wildness. The sanctuary acts as a breeding ground for the once extinct rhinos because of over poaching. After rhino tracking you will have lunch before en-rooting too Murchison falls national park.
10 days Uganda Safari Tour
Day 3: Game drive in the park and boat cruise on the Nile and Top of the Falls View
After an early breakfast, you set off for a game drive in Murchison Falls national park. A lot of wildlife is expected ranging from; Elephants, Buffalos, Lions, Leopard, Uganda kob, Oribi, Rothchild Giraffes, Hyenas, Warthogs, just to mention but a few, in addition, many different bird species such as, Camine Bee eaters, Martial Eagles, Uganda crane, Shoe bill on a luck day and secretary bird can be seen.
After lunch a Boat ride to the bottom of Murchison falls with provision of hiking to the Top of the falls at your wish.
On the boat cruise, Hippopotamus and Nile crocodiles are seen at a close range, fishing birds are also present. We then return to the lodge for dinner.
Day 4 : Morning Game-drive and travel to Hoima
Another morning game drive in search for wildlife and scenic views. We drive to the Nile Delta Point: This is the lowest point in Uganda where the Nile leaves lake Albert. This place is worth the visit. Here, plenty of unique buttery flies are also seen.
After this game drive you will cross the Nile to the southern bank and have hot lunch before transferring to Hoima through Budongo forest via Masindi. Here a cultural performance can be arranged on request.
Overnight hoima cultural lodge
Day 5 : Drive to Kibale Forest National Park
This is a long drive but we are in no rush. After breakfast, you will set off for Kibale Forest National Park as the destination. On the way you see locals attending to their gardens and farms. A lot of cash crops are grown in this region; Cotton, Tobacco, Maize, Banana and Tea. There is always room for photo stops.
Overseeing the foothills of the "Mountain of the MOON" (Rwenzori), you are arriving to Fort portal town, The cleanest green town in Uganda. The we continue to your lodge close to the park.
Day 6 : Chimpanzee trekking
In the morning, you have an early breakfast. Then drive to Kanyanchu Visitor Centre, for registration and briefing. This where all activities to be done in the park are managed. Here you will meet a ranger guide who will lead you to see our close relatives in the forest.
Guided by his tracking skill you will find and spend an hour with the chimps in the forests. After the experience, we return to the lodge for a hot lunch, later we set off for a Swamp Walk or Community walk. These walks bring you close to other primates and birds, African science, home settings, agriculture. Respectively.
Day 7 : Drive Queen Elizabeth National Park
After breakfast, depart for Queen Elizabeth National park. Another scenic drive on the foothills of Mountain Rwenzori seeing Glaciations’ on a clear day, Banana plantations, Tomato plantations, Cotton, Tea.
We pass through Kasese Town, a very famous copper mining town in Uganda. On arriving, we check in at your lodge and the have Lunch.
In the evening, we go for a game drive for a chance of seeing Lions, Leopard, Uganda kob, Elephants, Buffaloes, and abundance of bird life.
Day 8 : Game drive and Boat cruise in Queen Elizabeth
With packed breakfast, you set off for a morning game drive in Kasenyi open area, for active game viewing. You might get lucky of seeing Lions in action. The sunrise in wildness is wonderful, more animals are very active at this time and a sight of predators like hyenas walking back to their dens is a great experience.
We then return to the lodge for lunch and then a boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. This boat ride is very worth as it brings you close to the water birds, like Kingfishers, fish eagles, pelicans, African spoon bill, African darters, reptiles like Nile crocodiles, and monitor lizards are often seen. In addition to plenty of Buffaloes and elephants.
Day 9 : Tree climbing lions and transfer to Bwindi
After an early breakfast, you drive to Ishasha the southern part of Queen Elizabeth national park. The 2 hour drive there goes along with an adventurous road sight seeing, more wild life is seen along the way as you pass through maramagambo forest, The largest rain forest in Uganda.
A game drive in Ishasha will present you a chance of seeing the famous Tree climbing Lions, Topis, Hyenas, Leopard, Elephants, Buffaloes and a true wild landscape. This close is so close to DR.CONGO at the river camp.
We have Lunch and continue to Bwindi Impenetrable national park driving through hills, mountains and terraced land prepared for local agriculture.
Day 10 : Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
The "I can’t wait to see Mountain Gorillas" mind comes to an end. Its the gorilla day today. After breakfast fast, you will get to the park offices for briefing, group allocation and guide.
Gorilla tracking can be long but very worth it. Your ranger guide will lead you in to the forest, his radio communication with the trackers will find you the gentle giants. Upon tracking the Gorillas, you spend a life time Hour with them as they feed, young ones play and nap before saying good bye to the impenetrable forest.
Return to the lodge for dinner having completed the highlight of the Amazing Uganda safari.
Day 11 : Batwa, Community walk and Drive to Lake Bunyonyi
Before the trip to lake Bunyonyi, we have a Batwa and community walk in the morning. You will visit the minority group of people(BATWA) who used to leave in the forest before it was gazetted. They were hunters and gatherers, very unique culture so worth the visit, banana brewery, traditional healers and community hospital among to places of visit.
We later transfer to Lake Bunyonyi.
Day 12 : Canoeing on Lake Bunyonyi
A relaxing morning at the lake but with a lot of choices on the activities that can be done around the lake. Direct translation of Lake Bunyonyi would be “lake for birds” meaning a of birds, canoeing on the lake is great as the lake is very stable with low waves, hiking to some islands can be interesting as well as a swim in the lake which is free of hippopotamus, crocodiles and bilharzia or you can sit back and relax at the lodge.
Day 13 : Drive to Lake Mburo National Park
A Good morning breakfast with a sun rise on the lake, We then set off for Lake Mburo National park. We drive through mountains of rolling green terraces cultivated by the Kiga people whose livelihood depend on agriculture, then the land of milk, the home of the long horned cattle.
We stop in Mbarara for lunch and later check in at your lodge in Lake Mburo National Park. An evening sunset game drive to see the Zebras, Topis, Eland, Buffalos, Impalas, Warthogs, Leopard, Bushbuck, Twany eagles, Starlings, among others, is recommended.
Day 14 : Walking Safari and game boat ride
Lake Mburo national park is very unique among the Ugandan national parks because it doesn’t have big preditors like Lions, making it possible for safari walks. This brings you closer to animals like Zebras, Topis, that are usually get scared of the sound of the car engine.
In the afternoon have boat ride on the lake, for many water birds. Like; african fin foot, african fish eagles, malachite kingfishers, Pied kingfishers, swallows. Just to mention but a few.
Day 15 : Back to Kampala/Entebbe
After breakfast, we start the journey to Kampala/Entebbe depending on your flight time and program, however our guide will advise.
On the way, stop at the Equator for the zero line experience. A lot of souvenir shops are found here just for the remembrance of your amazing Uganda safari. You can have a cup of coffee or tea before continuing to your destination. You will arrive in late afternoon or evening.
- Kibale National Park
- Queen Elizabeth Game Park
- Bwindi Impenetrable Gorilla Park
- Lake Bunyonyi
- Lake Mburo NP Reviews on Trip Advisor
Accommodation (Hotels and Lodges around the Tourist Sites)
The accommodation depends on your Budget. Here is a list of Lodges around the Tourist site.
- Accommodation Around Murchison Falls NP -> Trip Advisor
- Accommodation Around Bwindi Impenetrable NP -> Trip Advisor
- Accommodation Around Kibale Forest NP -> Trip Advisor
- Queen Elizabeth National Park Accommodation
- Lake Bunyonyi Accommodation
- Lake Mburo Accommodation
What You need for Gorila trekking on the 15 days Tour
Just like Rwenzori Mountain Climbing, gorilla trekking also requires these items when tracking the gorillas.
- Water: Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash) to capture this lifetime experience
What is included in the 15 days Itinerary Cost
- Airport Transfers
- 14 nights accommodation
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, (Day 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14) - B.L.D, Day 15 - B.L
Note: L= Lunch, D= Dinner, B= breakfast
- Bottled Water
- Chimpanzee Tracking Permit
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Park Entry fees: Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth, Lake Bunyonyi, Lake Mburo
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the cost
- Uganda Visas
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
An exclusive Gorilla, chimpanzee, queen elizabeth national park, lake bunyonyi and lake mburo national park Safari in Uganda.
This 5 day Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking tour brings you an encounter with Gorillas and our close cousins the Chimps in the forests of Bwindi and Kibale.
A 5 days Gorilla tracking Bwindi and relaxation tour at lake Bunyonyi. A safari for birding watching enthusiasts, canoeing, leisure and Gorilla tracking
3 days Gorilla trekking in bwindi forest Uganda, Bird watching and other primate including the black and white Colobus, Red tailed monkeys, Golden monkey